I enjoy listening to books, because they give my eyes a break and because I can do something else at the same time. Actually, I can't do just anything else, just a few things, and it depends if I'm listening for learning or for pleasure.
I can listen for learning when
- walking to or from work, or anywhere else I have been many times before
- cooking something simple that I have made a dozen times or more, like breakfast
- waiting in line, waiting at the doctor's office
- on a plane, train, or other transit
I can listen for pleasure in all of the places that work for learning, as well as when
- cooking something new
- walking or driving somewhere new
- grocery shopping
If you need a book recommendation, here are three fantastic picks:
Check your library, because these audiobooks are often available for free.